[PD] MIDI triggered samples

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Mar 26 00:59:44 CET 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, Andy Farnell wrote:

> IIRC someone did that using two [tabplay4~] to extend the precision to
> an effective time of many minutes.

You mean using two [tabread4~] ?

[tabplay4~] is the name I just gave to the hypothetical abstraction.

I don't see what's the point of using more than one [tabread4~]... a
single [tabread4~] can get you all the precision you'll ever need (since
Pd 42... or was it 41 ?), it's just that it's somewhat tricky to do,
therefore it'd be much better as an abstraction.

I made a patch for this, using one [rpole~], one [metro], one [tabread4~],
and... not much more than that.