[PD] pd latency on puredyne 9.10 with Nvidia HDA

Billy Stiltner billy.stiltner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 11:30:59 CET 2011

Well with  the stock install of Ubuntu studio 10.10 except for the
graphics accelerator upgrade the audio was still glitching the same as
with 9.10 puredyne. So I done all the upgrades possible and  that
seemed to get the patch running without gem with a 50ms buffer.  There
is no glitching while messing with the guis in pure data like there is
in 9.10 so I'm guessing it's either a window drawing routine or
something to do with alsa or the audio codecs that got upgraded. Now
maybe I can figure out how to tinker with the alsa drivers to lower
the latency.