[PD] help browser resize + guiplugins organization

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Sat Mar 26 12:39:02 CET 2011

Hi Hans,

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Well, the horizontal resizing behaves weirdly too, adding a bunch of
> padding that is totally unnecessary, for example.

Yes, I fixed it already (with a separate pack for the listbox and the
scrollbar). However on my computer, if I manually resize the window
horizontally, the window does not automaticaly fit to the number of
listboxes anymore. That makes sense, since tk can't decide whever the
width is for the window or for the number of columns currently
displayed. Forcing the horizontal size back to the initial one could be
frustrating too. Adding an horizontal scrollbar sucks (sounds like OSX
Finder).

I think I can come up with an in-between solution, such as when
horizontally resizing, decide each new panel will have the width of
(window hsize / displayed listboxes).

I'm also working on this:
# TODO enter and up/down/left/right arrow key bindings for nav

In the meantime, I submitted a very short patch that just unlocks the
size.

--
Charlot