[PD] [PD-dev] integrating pdlua into Pd-extended

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Mar 27 21:24:09 CEST 2011

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011, patko wrote:

> I also tried with matju to link gem.dll, with no successfull results,
> apparently it depends on characters surounding function names we get
> with pexport,

I think that for the case of C, it's not so hard but it involves stdcall
and/or cdecl options.

The C++ case is harder, as it involves putting characters in symbols that
aren't allowed in C++, therefore we can't fake the symbols directly from
C++, and we'd have to go through .def aliases, but afaict, pexport seems
to be ignoring aliases ??? (hhhhheeeeelllllppppp.....!!!!!)

And then, there are C++ exceptions...

(why are GEM binaries still getting compiled with Visual C++ ? or why
whatever else in the Pd world is compiled with Visual C++ ?)