[PD] List delete carnage - 2 questions

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 00:18:05 CEST 2011

Sure,

PD doesn't give you a way to connect an outlet to an inlet of the same
object, which is what's needed here to populate the first list with
the numbers from 1-180 (it's one way to do it anyway). In this case,
I'm using a counter to count up to 180, and on each bang from the
[until] the new number goes into the [list prepend], which adds the
number to the end of the last list -- but we need to store the last
list as the thing to prepend, so it has to go back into the right
inlet, and the only good way of doing that is [t a] (you could just
use a [list] object, too, but [t a] seems more reliable and what
people use most).

There are probably plenty of other ways of doing the same thing.

Matt