[PD] Echo-effect

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 13:53:39 CEST 2011

The first requirement is tricky, it's very rare you'll get amplitude 0 (or, more accurately, minus infinity) from an active input, I'd suggest [env~] and [<] with a number to define tolerance, it's a tricky business, however.

Delay wise you could always use the classic delay-repeat model which is something like

(sound source)  [r~ feedback]
 |                      /
[delwrite~ delayname 1000]

[delread~ delayname 1000]
 |               \
[dac~]      [*~ 0.4]

                 [s~ feedback]

which will basically echo to silence

Or you could try a more controlled example which would be something like

(sound source)

[delwrite~ del1 1000]

[delread~ del1 1000]
|                     \

[delwrite~ del2 500]

[delread~ del2 500]

[dac~]

which would mean the echoes get quieter and closer together. You could carry on this chain as long as you want, modifying each echo in the chain to your own specification.

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but it might be what you're after.

Andrew