[PD] [PD-announce] patch dans patch (5ième partie)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Mar 29 04:20:29 CEST 2011

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011, ALAN BROOKER wrote:

> one of my favourites:
> http://gridflow.ca/gallery/patch_dans_patch_8.png
> I might try some myself!

Ok, well, something you may want to know is that GridFlow 9.14 has [#see
1], which uses a file buffer instead of streaming the pixels through the
socket. It's tremendously faster, but it's not the default yet, as it's
still experimental. I might remove the argument later when the file buffer
becomes the default. Maybe this will happen before the 9.14 release.

All the patch_dans_patch use [#see 1]. It's especially important for
displaying large images : the speed ratio (compared to just [#see])
increases with image size (!!!).

I use [#see 1, margins 0 0 0 0] in the last series, to remove the border
and make the inlet/outlet invisible. There is no Properties-dialogue, and
properties are only saved if you write them directly in the objectbox when
you create the object (otherwise you need to [loadbang] them).