[PD] [PD-announce] Tamuke - Offerings for Japan - Montreal

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Wed Mar 30 17:29:13 CEST 2011

Please forgive x-posts.

手向け TAMUKE

Offrandes pour le Japon / Offerings for Japan

April 1, 2011 from 8PM to 3AM
SAT, 1201, Boulevard Saint-Laurent

Open Call to all Laptop/iPhone Musicians in Montréal

Bring Your Own Laptop Orchestra
matralab (Hexagram Concordia) in collaboration with the SAT (Société des
arts technologiques) is organizing an artistic response to the disasters in
Japan (see the website for more info http://matralab.hexagram.ca/tamuke/).
The event will take place this friday at the SAT, 1201, Boulevard
Saint-Laurent in Montréal.
Around midnight we would open the stage for all Laptop/iPhone musicians to
come together and create a collective sound work, led and inspired by Eldad
Tsabary, founder and director of the Concordia Laptop Orkestra (CLOrk).
Over the past weeks, matralab (Concordia University) has collected some news
audio footage from the disasters with the goal of creating an audiowave
representing the mayhem that occurred when the tsunami hit Japan.
We invite you to bring your laptop/iPhone and your own portable
speakers/amplifiers !

Come latest at 11pm.

At the SAT, you will be able to download the audio files of the disaster
from a local server.
Everyone is welcome to interpret, mashup, remix, livecode, or play back
those materials with their software of preference. We would prefer if you
used MAINLY these materials.
At 11:45pm, Eldad Tsabary will give a short and simple intro into his laptop
conducting technique, so that the sounds coming from all of you can be
coordinated in some way by visual signs.
At midnight, you will all go to the stage and perform together for 30 min.
Please feel free to forward this announcement to anyone who may be
interested. And come yourself, of course.
And please sign-up by e-mail to japan.vigil at gmail.com just so we can
estimate how large the BYOLaptop Orchestra will be.

--
Michal Seta
Tech coordination