[PD] Get list of a the arguments of a patch without using any external?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Mar 31 03:40:00 CEST 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> I know, but I think your suggestion is cleaner-- you can get then number
> of args by [$@(--[list length] so $# isn't needed, and as you point out,
> having a way of saying "put args from $n and up in this object box" is
> very useful.

But what would be the syntax for it ?

> (Without that, one either has to make the number of args static, or use
> dynamic patching-- i.e., either be less flexible or complicated.)

But dynamic patching does deserve to become easier too, and more
high-level. Imagine something like what [#in] or [#out] does for loading
plugins, except it would be available for general use for any purpose
whatsoever. Then imagine other things.

>> PS: the [delwrite~] clear method http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3170987&group_id=55736&atid=478072
>> is still assigned to "nobody", because it's waiting for any
>> of the five project admins to click on a button... It also
>> didn't appear on pd-dev at iem.at
>> either : http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2011-02/thread.html
>
> If one of the admins (finally) takes care of that, would you consider
> submitting a patch for $@ with the functionality you wrote in the
> comment?

It was just a reminder, not a condition.