[PD] List delete carnage - 2 questions

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Mar 31 20:46:36 CEST 2011

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Your list-drip.pd was included in [list]-abs at about that time. Message boxes
> are used in a handful of objects to speed things up, but probably some more
> places would be useful. I don't remember ATM if message box storage works fine
> with pointers as well, but there are objects where only floats would be allowed
> anyway.

consistency check failed: bad item in binbuf

while trying to output a gem pointer from a messagebox. not a real pd
pointer though. note that it does not complain while putting the pointer
in the binbuf using 'set' or 'add2', only when trying to output it.

i'll let you make the test using true pd pointers because I never remember
how to use them, not to mention why t_gpointer and t_gstub have to exist
at all.