[PD] sample stretcher?

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Fri Apr 1 15:40:36 CEST 2011

Miller's phase vocoder patch in the help files could do this using FFT
resynthesis. Also my ParticleChamber abstraction
(http://macumbista.net/?page_id=514) or Frank's [syncgrain~] object
would do it with granular synthesis. Each approach has it's pluses and
minuses. I don't know how long the Ableton folks worked on their
stretching functions, but I think a long time. And there are still 5
different ones to choose from depending on the source material, which
basically correspond to different grain lengths, density and overlap.

Best,
D.