[PD] 3 new gui-plugins

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Apr 3 17:57:59 CEST 2011

Wow, I love the tab autocompletion plugin!  What would be amazing if
we had a bash-style completion files were the arguments were also tab-
completable, when relevant.  Things like filenames, table/array names,
send/receive names, etc.  This completion file could be included in
libraries.  It really highlights how badly we need Enter/Return to
instantiate the object.

Personally I prefer the default tcsh/bash-style where tab doesn't
cycle thru the options when you hit tab repeatly.  I could see a bash/
tcsh style display of the options, like in a popup when you hit tab
repeatedly.

As for the other two, they are also useful.  Those should be included
in pd-vanilla itself, but its nice to be able to distribute internal
fixes as GUI plugins until they get incorporated.

One thing that needs to happen to make the auto-complete plugin more
deployable is to have all its procs in its own namespace.  Otherwise
there can easily be name conflicts with other things named 'init',
'trigger', etc.

(FYI: sending to pd-announce also sends to pd-list)

.hc