[PD] 3 new gui-plugins

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Apr 3 18:44:33 CEST 2011

On Apr 3, 2011, at 12:12 PM, yvan volochine wrote:

> On 04/03/2011 05:57 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Wow, I love the tab autocompletion plugin! What would be amazing if
>> we
>> had a bash-style completion files were the arguments were also
>> tab-completable, when relevant. Things like filenames, table/array
>> names, send/receive names, etc. This completion file could be
>> included
>> in libraries. It really highlights how badly we need Enter/Return to
>> instantiate the object.
>>
>> Personally I prefer the default tcsh/bash-style where tab doesn't
>> cycle
>> thru the options when you hit tab repeatly. I could see a bash/tcsh
>> style display of the options, like in a popup when you hit tab
>> repeatedly.
>
> hey thanks.
> I'm not really supposed to dedicate that ammount of time developping
> for pd but as I'm unemployed right now =)
> I'm afraid the bash style auto-completion is a bit above my head,
> but the idea is nice.

Basically, the first is the trigger: hitting tab twice where the tab
does not add any more characters.  So using your plugin as an example,
type M-O-Tab-Tab would then list 'mod' and 'moses' as options but not
change the 'mo' in the box.  Those options could then be in a popup
menu to both see and select with the keyboard or mouse.

Adding the argument completion would probably be a lot more work, but
I haven't really thought about it.  But just having object name
completion is huge!

.hc

>> One thing that needs to happen to make the auto-complete plugin more
>> deployable is to have all its procs in its own namespace. Otherwise
>> there can easily be name conflicts with other things named 'init',
>> 'trigger', etc.
>
> done
>
>> (FYI: sending to pd-announce also sends to pd-list)
>
> okay
>
> cheers,
> _y

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie