[PD] udp broadcasting with netsend: permission denied in Linux

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Apr 3 18:47:04 CEST 2011

On Apr 3, 2011, at 7:11 AM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

> On 04/03/2011 04:49 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> broadcast should work with netsend/netreceive in pd 0.43
>
> Is 0.43 ready to be used "seriously"? Last time i tried it (at least
> a few months ago), it looked very very "beta"

As much as pd 0.42.0 or 0.41.0 was ready to be used seriously.  We are
at the point where we don't know of showstopping bugs, but I'm sure
once people use it, they'll find some that we'll need to fix in
0.43.1, etc.

>> and I think
>> maybe Pd-extended 0.42.5
>
> Oh thanks, I'll try it. The project I was trying was made in Vanilla
> and I didn't dare open it in Extended in case there's some name
> clash with some abstraction of mine...

Sad but true... I hope we can get the search order changed so that it
goes project folder first, then this would not be an issue.