[PD] 3 new gui-plugins

yvan volochine yvan.pd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 18:53:45 CEST 2011

On 04/03/2011 06:44 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2011, at 12:12 PM, yvan volochine wrote:
>
>> On 04/03/2011 05:57 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>>
>>> Wow, I love the tab autocompletion plugin! What would be amazing if we
>>> had a bash-style completion files were the arguments were also
>>> tab-completable, when relevant. Things like filenames, table/array
>>> names, send/receive names, etc. This completion file could be included
>>> in libraries. It really highlights how badly we need Enter/Return to
>>> instantiate the object.
>>>
>>> Personally I prefer the default tcsh/bash-style where tab doesn't cycle
>>> thru the options when you hit tab repeatly. I could see a bash/tcsh
>>> style display of the options, like in a popup when you hit tab
>>> repeatedly.
>>
>> hey thanks.
>> I'm not really supposed to dedicate that ammount of time developping
>> for pd but as I'm unemployed right now =)
>> I'm afraid the bash style auto-completion is a bit above my head, but
>> the idea is nice.
>
> Basically, the first is the trigger: hitting tab twice where the tab
> does not add any more characters. So using your plugin as an example,
> type M-O-Tab-Tab would then list 'mod' and 'moses' as options but not
> change the 'mo' in the box. Those options could then be in a popup menu
> to both see and select with the keyboard or mouse.

yeah that's what I wanted first: a ComboBox below the object box, but
then I had troubles with object box coordinates (did the user click or
is the object still moving with the cursor, etc...) and I started adding
some "if" and all kind of stuff inside mouse motion procedures and that
became nasty.
this (and the fact that I wanted it now =) made me rewrite the plugin
with the "cycling-through-completions-with-tab" behavior (which I still
find very cool for speedy-patching)

cheers,
_y