[PD] Making a Realtime Convolution External

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Apr 5 16:52:23 CEST 2011

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, Billy Stiltner wrote:

> I remember there were lots of tricks that could be done with graphics
> and integer math as well as binary bit twidling before math coprocessors
> were in every machine. Look at fractint. Example of circle code seems
> like I optimized this further but can't remember.

Yeah, I remember the Bresenham techniques, but the whole concept of the
convolution theorem and the FFT is a lot deeper than that... it's a really
deep optimisation.

BTW, the only Bresenham I'm aware of in Pd is [#draw_polygon]. I used it
for making stuff like this :

   http://gridflow.ca/gallery/koch_polygon_3a.png
   http://gridflow.ca/gallery/koch_polygon_2d.png
   http://gridflow.ca/gallery/bezier.png