[PD] need a workaround for detecting movement in Mac OS

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Apr 5 17:01:12 CEST 2011

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

> Bug 3191771 renders the combination pix_video+pix_movement useless in
> Mac OS unless you can lower gem's framerate to ensure it is lower than
> the camera's framerate (which is not always an option), or unless one
> finds some other workaround.

You can use [gemdead] (from GridFlow) together with Gem objects, to do
pix-stuff that is controlled completely by a [metro] of your choice (and
thus is not related to the [gemwin]). Then you can integrate it into
[gemwin]-related chains by sending it to the right inlet of a pix-object.

But I've never tried.

http://gridflow.ca/help/gemdead-help.html

(I've only used this with [#from_pix], but it's not limited to that.)