[PD] [PD-announce] patch_dans_patch 31..42

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Apr 6 15:50:48 CEST 2011

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, Billy Stiltner wrote:
>
>> Aren't you afraid your going to get pd stuck in an ininite loop and
>> open up another dimension. haha!
>
> is it like this
> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1girv_la-quatrieme-dimension_fun
>
> or is it more like this
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg5g_Rcw4OQ

I didn't explain it. Both are cases where the intro or theme song says the
word «dimension» several times, and as if it were some kind of destination
to travel to (a typical new-agey use of the word).

As you can hear, some translations of Twilight Zone were quite liberal.

The other one is a TV show for kids that ran on SRC station in QC (Canada)
in 1983-1985. There was no translation of it. I don't actually recall this
particular (portion of) episode at all. I only remember that there was an
episode that was about a customs office relying on a buggy face
recognition device, and another episode that talked about a possibly
lethal case of video game addiction. The overall plot of the series was
that the characters were trapped in a virtual reality system as if they
had been shrunk into the computer. No matter which world they zapped to,
they kept meeting the same weird guy who was an android working for the
system, each time in a different job and a different suit. Imagine what
happened if Kafka had designed TRON so that it looked like The Sims...
maybe.