[PD] What version of GEM should I use with pd 0.43-0 vanilla

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Sat Apr 9 06:49:42 CEST 2011

----- "Billy Stiltner" <billy.stiltner at gmail.com> a écrit :

> On 4/7/11, patko <colet.patrice at free.fr> wrote:

> > you know when you add an external path it will be available from all
> pd
> > versions because
> > it's litterally a full path name that is added by the new tcl
> interface, and
> > because vanilla and extended shares the same config file.
> > that's why I use to start patches made for vanilla with a .bat
> script, then
> > I can set exactly what I need in pd for my application.
> >>

> Actually on my machine there are separate registry entries for pdx and
> pd.
> both versions of vanilla I have installed share the same registry
> entry.

interesting

> >> The problem with using externals with cross platform applications
> is
> >> if you don't supply the library on all 3 platforms then there may
> be
> >> some people that cant use your patch.
> >>

> > That's why I think that pd-extended should add only externals
> available on
> > all 3 platforms.
> > It's not really the job of patch developpers to provide cross
> platform
> > externals and libraries but the job of the external developpers.
> >

> Is there a list of externals that work on all 3 platforms?

I don't know if there is such a list, but I'd be glad to add several externals I've been able to compile with my machine,
and comment about how it has been done, then pdx maintainers could had them to the build farm.
 The problem is that most pdx externals building use a single Makefile for compilation that resides in externals, so it makes tricky
patch submiting, because it's a lot easier to use the Makefile provided by the dev in most cases (that's happening with unauthorized externals for example).
 I sometimes submit dll's to the list, but it's not really a good thing.

if one is interested I've built these ones lately:

exciter
filterbank
formant
pianoroll