[PD] [PD-announce] deadline for the PdCon 2011 Call for Papers extended (fwd)

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Mon Apr 11 01:07:59 CEST 2011

Any thoughts or numbers regarding this value vs. the previous pdcons?

It doesn't surprise me, since it is a rather small conference - it is very
specific, which is what motivates me towards it, its a place
to definitely get in touch with pd development and research -  when you
compare it to the "major" conferences, such as CHI,  INTERACT (huge
conferences), or more sound related: NIME, SMC (medium/big-sized) and so
forth.

I think I was submission 279 on NIME (long papers track) and I registered a
few days before the end. Just to give an example.

Best,
Pedro

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Apr 2011, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
>  The committee has decided to extend the deadline to the 10th of April
>>> 24:00h (UTS +2)
>>>

>> reminder
>>

> BTW, I submitted at that exact time, and my submission number is 39. This
> should give you an idea of how many people submitted, though this may count
> some cancelled submissions, multiple submissions by same people, and it
> doesn't count anyone who submit after 24h00.
>
> (I'm only talking about papers ; other submissions are handled separately)

Pedro Lopes (MSc)
contact: pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
website: http://web.ist.utl.pt/Pedro.Lopes /
http://pedrolopesresearch.wordpress.com/ | http://twitter.com/plopesresearch