[PD] What version of GEM should I use with pd 0.43-0 vanilla

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Apr 11 06:08:45 CEST 2011

On Apr 10, 2011, at 2:00 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> ----- "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at> a écrit :
>
>> On Apr 9, 2011, at 12:49 AM, Patrice Colet wrote:
>>> if one is interested I've built these ones lately:
>>>
>>> exciter
>>> filterbank
>>> formant
>>> pianoroll
>>> probalizer
>>> samplebox
>>> sonogram
>>> speex
>>> spigot~
>>>
>>> most just need -liberty in linker flags
>>
>> I would be great to have this included, please submit a patch to the
>>
>> patch tracker :)
>>

> uh that won't be a little patch ;o)
>
> playlist is also built but there are a lot of lines of code added
> because several functions doesn't exist on windows,
> I'm wondering why the method isn't as same as in ggee/getdir to get
> current dir, that would be a simple cross-platform method,
> following wildcards in externals/Makefile we need to have it
> compiled for getting pianoroll and probalizer to work.

Looks like you got it working anyhow :)  I don't quite understand what
you mean about the getdir code, can you explain more?

> lame DLL's doesn't seem to be provided by pdx installer, so I had to
> compile it for having the mp3* externals working,
> I guess that anyone that doesn't have access to a compiler couldn't
> run those pdx externals,

The problem with LAME is that it covers algorithms that are patented
in a number of countries, so its not easily distributable.  That's why
LAME is not in Debian, for example, and distributed as source code
only in other distros.

publicity.          - Bill Moyers