[PD] need a workaround for detecting movement in Mac OS

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Apr 11 16:41:43 CEST 2011

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

> I am a bit reluctant to have my students download and install it just to
> use it marginally...

How about using it a lot ? Have you seen this ?

   http://gridflow.ca/gallery/sequenceur.pd.png
   http://gridflow.ca/gallery/sequenceur.pd.mp3

> By the way I'm sesing GridFlow is available for Windows... it wasn't until
> recently, was it?

It has been available, then not available, then available again.

> Are the differences among platform (e.g. things that are only supported
> on a given platform, or things that work in a different way) reasonably
> small?

It depends on which features you use. No-one really uses everything. I
have taken a lot of steps to make things cross-platform, but a bunch of
things are still missing, and in the case of Windows, it's especially GEM
support and camera support. But if you do music only, you don't need
those.