[PD] color aritmetics with an image and a value as operands (in GEM)

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:04:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm finding some difficulty in doing in GEM operations that I thought
would be trivial, and I think I must be missing something.

For example, i'd like to do the same kind of operations you can do with
pix_difference, pix_add and pix_multiply but use a single color as the
right operand, as if it was an image of the same size as the left
operand with all pixels of the same color.

The only way I can think of, is to use pix_set as the right-operand pix,
to use pix_info to retrieve the size of the left image and to repeat the
color the needed number of times. Or to use pix_resize to resize the
pix_set pix to the size of the other image.

Is there a simpler and more elegant way?

thanks
m.