[PD] delay lines

samuel rowe samueldavidrowe at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 20:03:44 CEST 2011

Hello!

I took on board what everyone has told me about arrays, thanks for your help. I've looked into arrays but I understand them even less than delay lines!

I have stripped the patch down a lot, and theoretically it should work, but it doesn't. Pd clicks when I open it, even though 'compute audio' isn't on, the  I have to restart my computer to get sound back.

I've attached a picture of the patch with everything visible (expect for the excitation abstraction, but that shouldn't matter) I've also commented it a lot better

Basically now the left and right traveling waves in the waveguide are split into two parts each, which represent either side of the pluck point (this is controlled by the input slider)
at one end the signal is simply sent into the other end of the other side, but at the other end it is sent to a low pass filter to model losses at the bridge.

The same code used to set input position is used to select output position, but instead just reads from two of the delaylines.

I just can't work out why it won't work. Can anyone see anything in the picture that is obviously wrong?

IF YOU DECIDE TO OPEN THE PATCH, BE CAREFUL, YOU MIGHT HAVE TO RESTART LIKE I MENTIONED.

Thanks again
Samuel