[PD] Pd 0.43 Vanilla under Ubuntu

Daniel Roviriego danifernando at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:59:04 CEST 2011

The only way I suceeded was executing the binary straight from the source:

cd to your src directory:

$ cd /usr/src/pd-0.43/bin/
$  ./pd

I still have some doubts on setting 0.43 to find the right tcl version, once
2 gui plugins (gtk open/save and kiosk) don't  find those:

UNHANDLED ERROR: version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.4, need 8.5
    while executing
"package require Tcl 8.5"

Oddly, other gui-plugins that also require tcl 8.5, loaded smoothly (
autocompletion-plugin, menubar-plugin and buttonbar-plugin)

cheers

2011/4/13 olsen <sesselastronaut at googlemail.com>

> got the same error on a fresh install pd-vanilla on ubuntu 10.10- configure
> & install no problemo but starting pd hangs up:
>
> was... 1
>
> Error in startup script: couldn't read file
> "/usr/local/lib/pd/tcl//pd-gui.tcl": no such file or directory
> watchdog: signaling pd...
>
> i've tk8.5 and tcl8.5 installed
>
> any hints welcome
> thanks
>

> On 03/22/2011 12:02 PM, saint wrote:
>
>> Configure and make seem to go fine but when I try to launch...
>>
>> Error in startup script: couldn't read file
>> "/usr/local/lib/pd/tcl//pd-gui.tcl": no such file or directory
>>
>> ...perhaps I'm missing something? I'm no Linux expert.
>>

>> Thanks, John.

> --
> ETs DNA will not be televised
> http://hasa-labs.org