[PD] gridflow issues

yvan volochine yvan.pd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:17:45 CEST 2011

On 04/17/2011 06:55 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

>>> Haven't seen that. I could check with pd (0.)43 again to see whether
>>> that's the bug that GridFlow had with it.
>> this appears also on pd-extended-0.42.5
>
> With any patch, or only those using [display] or [#see] ?

it seems with patches using [display] but she got rid of the errors by
cleaning the patch (looks like there were some zombies, like invisible
sub-patches that were deleted but somehow were still there... weird)

>>> Send me your config.log.
>> here it is:
>> http://pastebin.com/cPKhKSWQ
>
> the nasm problem is fixed in 9.14 (it's a ./configure problem ; you can
> fix it using --force-nasm)
>
> dc1394 is a bigger problem : the API was changed, and thus part of
> gridflow/src/dc1394.cxx would have to be rewritten, and I have no such
> camera. In addition, the laptop I just bought doesn't have any FireWire
> port (but I still have the other laptop).

so that means not building 9.13 for now

>> it seems that my friend needs those abstractions
>
> Can't your friend use the ones bundled in the version of GridFlow that
> will be loaded ? No functionality got removed, but many patches depend
> on changes in abstractions, and some abstractions may depend on changes
> in other externals that are part of GridFlow, so, it's way better to not
> mix and match parts of different versions.

I was mentioning gridflow/abstractions from the one installed (9.12, not
9.13)

>> I thought that the bugs in the patch (random freezes, shutdown etc)
>> might be related to those missing canvas/objects but I'm not sure..
>
> I haven't had random shutdowns for three years now, and I don't remember
> ever having random freezes. If you think that the problem has to do with
> GUI objects, try making smaller versions of your patches that use less
> GUI objects and see whether the error messages and/or the freezes and/or
> the crashes disappear. You may notice patterns that will narrow down the
> possibilities, and then perhaps you'll have enough information to be
> able to write a bug report.

yeah it might come from the patch itself =)

>> ps: I uploaded
>
> upgraded ?

jawohl

thanks for the infos!