[PD] Midi note handling for monophonic synth

Joe White white.joe4 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:48:26 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm implementing a synth in Pd using midi/notein as an input.

One problem I keep coming up against is handling note off messages. This
guy's blog post describes the issue -
http://kemptonmooney.com/2010/09/pure-data-midi-note-off-solution/

However, I think his solution is not exactly what I'm looking for. The
synths I use in Logic have note priority methods and remember all held down
notes (or at least 10).

I wondering if anyone has managed to implement something like this in Pd or
might know where I can find out more about it.

ddg.mono from Max (
http://www.cycling74.com/docs/max5/refpages/m4l-ref/ddg.mono.html) looks
similar to what I want - but I don't use Max and I don't think I can access
the source.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe