[PD] Toggle Status

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Tue Apr 26 11:33:25 CEST 2011

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> Also, I started coding a "get" method for canvases, which happens to do
>> what Miller describes in his comment about the above patch.
>>
> so in the meantime you can either apply a diff to the sources of Pd, recompile
> Pd and change your patch accordingly, so it is incompatible with all past versions of Pd (and
> probably a number of future versions of Pd as well), or use [f] to store the
> values of [tgl] and query them via bang, change your patch accordingly and be
> happy.
>
> i'm not saying that things should be kept deliberately complicated, but it is
> really simple to implement what you need with what is there.

This question made me think. Is there a kind of reverse [route] object?
What I mean is something like:

[name_of_the_object_im_thinking_of 10]

Would create 10 inlets and 1 outlet. Sending "something" through inlet n
would output "n somwthing" which could for instance be saved in an array
eventually be re-used with a [route] etc.

This is of course easily created for a known number of "somethings" but
dynamic (as rout is) would be nice.

Hopefully I managed to explain what I mean.

Lorenzo.