[PD] contact mic & beeswax (Oded Ben-Tal)

olm-e ol at ogeem.be
Wed Apr 27 17:41:12 CEST 2011

> Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 03:16:32 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Oded Ben-Tal <oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
> Subject: [PD] contact mic & beeswax
> To: pd-list at iem.at
>
> hi,
>
> quite a few places reccomend using beeswax to attach contact microphones
> to instruments. Looking around there are various types of products sold as
> beeswax for different applications (shoe-shine, furniture polishing, etc.)
> anyone knows what kind, and more importantly in which type of shop, should
> I get? I'm in London if that helps.
>
> thanks
> Oded

Interresting trick ... didn't knew beewax was such good sound conductor.

I suggest you contact some beekeeper directly, they are nice people
generaly, and there are more and more of them in the cities now.
You'll find the most natural and cheapest wax that way, probably for free
(if you explain for what it is), and maybe meet some nice people ... ;)

http://www.lbka.org.uk/index.php

I could send some to you from brussels (from Okno or other place), but it
is better you find some localy.

Olm-e