[PD] Arduino - first impressions

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 20:27:39 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I just tested my arduino board (uno) in pd, with a single pot. I wanted
share my joy with you, because i managed to get it to work with Pd quite
easily. I also wanted to say thank you very much to Hans, because Pduino is
really cool, and i'm amazed by the time it took me to get it to work.

Now that it's working, i have a few questions :
- I'm assuming the more pins are open, the more CPU is consumed. Is that
correct?
- Is there a way i can change the "sample rate" of the analog inputs? The
values don't seem to move smoothly when i turn the pot rapidly (i tested it
by controlling the frequency of an oscillator). It's better when i bypass
the "display values without pegging the cpu" object, but it's not perfect.
Apparently using a 10 ms line~ works fine too.
- Is the pduino object more cpu-consuming than hid?

Cheers!

Pierre