[PD] Arduino - first impressions

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Wed Apr 27 21:41:47 CEST 2011

Hi,

Pierre Massat wrote:
> Now that it's working, i have a few questions :
> - I'm assuming the more pins are open, the more CPU is consumed. Is that
> correct?

Probably but at 16MHz you've got plenty cycles to spare ;).

> - Is there a way i can change the "sample rate" of the analog inputs?

You can either try to change the bps of firmata (up to 1Mbps*) or/and
roll your own arduino program that transmits only the information you
need. You can then increase the throughput dramatically. It's pretty
easy to do.

(* firmata.org says "Arduino is limited to the 115,000 bits/seconds of a
serial port" but that's not true. A 3$ chip can run at 1Mbps (ok not
reliably), but your expensive Intel can't ?).

--
Charles