[PD] auto-completion with popup [was: 3 new gui-plugins]

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Sat May 7 00:17:43 CEST 2011

 ok, but pd-vanilla is actually 0.43 and has tcl/tk-8.4, while pd-extended is 0.42 and has tcl/tk-8.5,
so now it's not possible to use the new plugin release without recompiling vanilla,
or using a recent nightly build of pd-extended, that reduces a lot the chances for using it.

 I've installed the version 0.33 on vanilla and it doesn't look so bad,
if it's just a matter of using pdsend instead of using pd it's possible to use both with this code:

if {[llength [info procs ::pdsend]] == 0} {
proc ::pdsend {args} {::pd "[join $args { }] ;"}}

Miller, why pd-vanilla still uses 8.4 ???

I'm actually coding an interface that is 8.4 compatible but with weird behaviors, and working well with 8.5 and it's new options.

----- "yvan volochine" <yvan.pd at gmail.com> a écrit :

> On 05/06/2011 08:16 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:
> >   thank you for this plugin, is it possible to have a 8.4 compatible
> code?
> > then it would be possible to load it within pd-vanilla
>
> no sorry I won't support tcl-8.4 (and its ugly fonts)
>
> note that gui-plugins work only in pd >= 0.43 (vanilla or not)
> if you use pd-0.43 you should update tcl/tk to 8.5 anyway.
>
> cheers,
> _y
>
> >> I found the time to refine autocompletion-plugin so I ended up
> kinda
> >> rewriting it (screenshot below).
> >>
> >> there are lots of changes, it would be nice if some of you could
> test
> >> it
> >> and tell me what's wrong or what is weird etc...
> >>
> >> latest is here:
> >>
> http://github.com/gusano/pd_stuffs/tree/master/gui-plugins/autocompletion
> >>
> >> I tested it only on linux and pd-0.43.1-test2 (vanilla).
> >>
> >> list of changes:
> >>
> >> - new GUI (à la DesireData)
> >> - added support for osx and win32 (untested)
> >> - added bash-completion-mode behavior (more or less)
> >> - added *.cfg file for options
> >> - completions update while typing
> >> - added 'All' mode (requested: completions popup as soon as you
> type)
> >> - hiting 'Enter' without the popup unedits and select the object
> >>
> >> I'd like to track down bugs before releasing it this time ;)
> >>
> >> thanks for the help.

Patrice Colet