[PD] problem with mixer project

Fernando Gadea fgadea at gmail.com
Sat May 7 21:05:16 CEST 2011

> Re: [PD] problem with mixer project
> De:
> IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> Fecha:
> Sat, 07 May 2011 16:12:45 +0200
> Para:
> pd-list at iem.at
>
> Para:
> pd-list at iem.at

> On 05/07/2011 12:58 PM, Fernando Gadea wrote:
>
>>> Asunto:
>>> Re: [PD] problem with mixer project
>>> De:
>>> Jose Luis Santorcuato <santorcuato76 at gmail.com>
>>>

> ot, you got weird reply-settings.

It's manual editing. I receive the list as digests but I try to simplify
to gain legibility (I hope it works)

>> As Iohannes lets think, I use xfce for its lightness and minimalistic
>> user interface. I hope there is not a problem in the interaction between
>> puredata and xubuntu's xfce environment.
>
> there is definitely no problem with xfce4 and Pd.
> i use it all the time.
>

>>> Try mixer~ objetct
>> Thank you, I will substitute the before-master audio mixing with this
>> object and see if the problem solves, at least as an alternative try.
>
> i still believe that you have a problem in your patch (which will go
> away if you don't use the patch; however it would probably be more
> interesting on the long run to find out what caused your problem)

yes, that's my aim too, but it will be another possible test (I will do
it tonight) to find out if the problem is really in the mixing channels.
I deffinetly would like to stick to the original project and see where
the problem is.
>>> Reading my mail I realized that I did not explain it all: the latency
>>> problem starts when the dac~ is computing audio. As you can see in the
> i still have no clue what you mean by "latency". please clarify.

It is midi latency I guess (I have no degree in electronic music. just
an amateur that started with puredata some years ago). After switching
audio on, even in the primal midi patch that translates my controller to
control data the numbers start to show really late. Is that midi latency?

> you probably should have a closer look at [delay] and what it does if
> you send it a number.

Thank you, I have just found it out: it changes the delay time instead
of giving a bang after the already setted delay time. I'll change it now.
> ah, btw, you could simplify the following
> <complex>
> [expr $f1; if ($f1 == 0, 0, 1]
> +----------------------------+
> |
> [change]
> |
> [select 1 0]
> |          [;pd dsp 0(
> [;pd dsp 1(
> </complex>
>
> to this
> <simple>
> [!= 0] (actually this should be [> 0]
> |
> [change]
> |
> [;pd dsp $1(
> </simple>

Thank you, I will implement this one. Really simple.