[PD] ANN: Upcoming L2Ork tour of Europe

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun May 8 15:40:13 CEST 2011

Apologies for cross-posting.

After 8 months of planning, fund-raising a metric ton of greenbacks, and literally thousands of hours of hard work distributed across dozens of souls, Linux Laptop Orchestra (L2Ork) is truly excited to announce our maiden tour of Europe May 12 – June 1, 2011. Joining forces with our guest soloist Ron Coulter and our talented soprano l2orkist Aurora Martin, the ensemble will be touring 8 countries, performing and holding workshops in following locations:

May 14 – Linz, Austria (as part of LiWoLi festival)
May 15 – Ljubljana, Slovenia
May 16 – Budapest, Hungary
May 19 – Croatia
May 21 - Hamburg, Germany (Academy of Music and Theater)
May 24 - Amsterdam, Netherlands (STEIM)
May 25 – Amsterdam, Netherlands (Zaal 100)
May 26 – Utrecht, Netherlands (HKU)
May 30 – Paris, France (IRCAM)
June 01 – Oslo, Norway (NIME 2011)

Hope to see you at one of our upcoming destinations! In the meantime, to stay up-to-date with the latest developments join our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=117918141555131)

For additional info on L2Ork please visit http://l2ork.music.vt.edu

On a somewhat related note, L2Ork has also made another series of updates to the Linux-centric pd-l2ork variation of Pd which is also available on the L2Ork site together with a series of externals and abstractions. For additional info on pd-l2ork please visit http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?page_id=56

Should you happen to have any questions, suggestions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Assistant Co-Director, CCTAD
CHCI, CS, and Art (by courtesy)
Virginia Tech