[PD] CVs

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sun May 8 17:49:06 CEST 2011

On 2011-05-08 10:46, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Sat, 7 May 2011, Josh Moore wrote:
>
>> I just got out of a long and heated argument with someone who claimed
>> he was an EE and told me that digital synthesizers use CVs.
>
> What's CV ?

Control Voltage. Analog synthesizers use it to control things like
oscillator frequency and amplifier volume.

At least some digital synths use software-generated CVs to control
analog oscillators and filters because it takes less processing to
generate control waveforms than the actual output waveform.

Martin