[PD] smartphone for pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun May 8 18:00:09 CEST 2011

Sadly, I must say that the iThings have the best performance.  Apple
did a good job there.  But the rest of their ridiculous restrictions
make it a really bad platform to work with.  With Android, its much
more like the Windows/PC world, where most of the devices have pretty
bad audio performance, but certain ones have good performance.  I hear
the Samsung Galaxy devices have good audio performance, but haven't
tried it myself.  I have a Motorola Droid, which plays patches well,
but with 100-200ms latency.

.hc