[PD] Arduino (again...)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun May 8 18:20:53 CEST 2011

The tricky part about using Arduinos on GNU/Linux or Mac OS X is that
they reboot when you connect to them.  So after the [open 1( message,
your patch needs to wait until the arduino finishes rebooting to send
the configuration.  With Pduino, the Arduino should report the version
out of the right outlet once it finishes rebooting, so you could use
that as a trigger to send the config.  Or just wait 5000 ms or
something.

.hc

On May 7, 2011, at 4:44 PM, Pierre Massat wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm looking for a way to automate the opening of my arduino and it's
> pins. I managed to open it at pd's start-up with a loadbang and an
> open message. But it doesn't work for the digital pins. It seems
> like they need to be opened a little later, and not all at once. I
> tried to delay the loadbang and use and trigger, to no avail.
> Any advice?
>
> Pierre

There is no way to peace, peace is the way.       -A.J. Muste