[PD] auto-completion with popup [was: 3 new gui-plugins]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun May 8 18:37:33 CEST 2011

On May 8, 2011, at 3:33 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> On 05/07/2011 08:02 PM, yvan volochine wrote:
>>
>> from a noob pov it could easily lead to problems such as:
>>
>> - why is pd behaving strangely suddenly ?
>> - remove all your gui-plugins and try again ?
>> - ooh, I forgot that I used xxx-plugin which is breaking pd !
>
> if xxx-plugin was breaking Pd, then you probably don't have a chance
> see the verbose messages either.
>
> anyhow, i think the default behaviour should not be targetted at the
> worst case but at the normal case, which i hope is the none-broken
> one.
>
> if things do break, the user (and that's not only the noob) ought to
> be
> given an easy way to inspect the problem (that is why i pushed hard to
> replace the numeric log-levels with symbolic ones)

On that note, I tried to figure out how to get the symbolic levels to
show up on the menubutton, but I couldn't get it to work.  So I
settled on just in the menu itself.

"We have nothing to fear from love and commitment." - New York Senator
Diane Savino, trying to convince the NY Senate to pass a gay marriage
bill