[PD] converting an absolute to relative file path

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon May 9 10:40:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'd like to use [openpanel] to let a user easily chose a file without
having to type its name, but then I would like to take the relative
path of the file (relative to the patch) rather than its full absolute
path. Is there a way to accomplish that?

Is there some external that would take an absolute path as a symbol,
compare it to the current working directory, and return a relative
path to the same file?

Alternatively, is there an external that can return the current
working directory? On top of that, I could build an abstraction that
would do almost what I need at least under some restrictions (e.g.
when the file is in a descendant of the current folder)....

Thanks
m.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette