[PD] msg to abstractions

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon May 9 15:29:25 CEST 2011

On Thu, 5 May 2011, Jeppi Jeppi wrote:

> The trick to route messages to a named subpatch turned out to be a
> chicken-egg problem if the subpatches are to be built dynamically as I
> need...thanks for the nice idea anyway :) though "obsolete" (?) that
> [namecanvas] really solved my problem.

[namecanvas] has been marked obsolete for several years. Miller stated a
reason for that, but I couldn't make sense of it. It's been several years,
and [namecanvas] has been proved to be useful anyway, and you can bet that
if Miller ever removes it, it will reappear the next week in five
different libraries, and/or perhaps this removal will be cancelled in
pd-extended.

Miller has shown no intention of removing the deprecation mark on it.