[PD] 0.43 should still be a test version

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:40:51 CEST 2011

On 05/10/2011 06:56 PM, Martin wrote:

> I don't have any trouble here with [udpsend] and debian lenny.

I don't have any trouble with [udpsend] either. It's [netsend 1] that
can't broadcast (neither in Pd Vanilla 0.42.5 nor Pd Extended 0.42.5)

> Any time you get permission denied it's up to you to set the
> permissions. (If a program could do that, why have permissions at all?)

That sounds very reasonable, but then how comes that [udpsend] can
broadcast packets and [netsend 1] can't (on the same system, same
machine, I've tried both right now)?

My guess is that either
A) [netsend 1] is doing something wrong, trying to do something that is
not really necessary and that requires some permissions that the program
doesn't have
B) it is printing a wrong error message and the failure is not really
due to a denied permission.