[PD] missing broadcast in netsend<0.43

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed May 11 12:15:25 CEST 2011

On Wed, 11 May 2011 11:56:34 +0200
IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> On 2011-05-11 11:38, Andy Farnell wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 May 2011 09:36:49 +0200
> > IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

That does make it clearer.

> looking from the code, Pd-0.43 does support broadcast.
> whereas 0.42 has not ("I have to choose between a version that can't

I am still on 0.42 and had that embarrassing (should know better
because it's happened before) lecture where I try to use UDP
broadcast and it doesn't work for anyone.

It did work in 0.39 and I thought it was permanently dropped,
but I guess its back in 0.43. Welcome back net broadcast!! (very
useful for teaching where you use dynamic patching with a group).

> i don't see a point in adding new features to an old release.

Me neither. I will wait for the GUI glitches to go away and
move up to 0.43, hopefully soon.

Andy

--
Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>