[PD] udpsend performance issue

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu May 12 13:59:11 CEST 2011

Some follow-up on this:

- By bundling the data into few large packets instead of many small
packets (hence decreasing the overhead), indeed the blocking occurs
much less frequently as Martin suggested, though it still occasionally
occurs every once in a while. I am sending an OSC bundle of 100 osc
messages every 20 milliseconds. This means less than 10 kB per packet,
a packet every 20 milliseconds. It occasionally blocks for more than
2000 milliseconds

- The exact same bundle of OSC messages (i.e. the exact same UDP
packet to be sent) sometimes blocks and sometimes (most of the time)
doesn't block, randomly.

> you could try iemnet's implementation of [udpsend] as this is
> specifically targetted at doing a better job  when sending/receiving
> large number of data.

Thank you, I'll give it a try

--
Matteo Sisti Sette