[PD] pd-extended-0.43.1 win32

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri May 13 17:01:56 CEST 2011

On May 13, 2011, at 4:21 AM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> ok, thank you for paying attention,
> I'm trying now to build trunk on mingw, and I have some questions to
> ask about that:
>
> 1° how pd-extended is built on win32?

Here's the setup:
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/WindowsMinGW

Here's the process:
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/AutoBuildProcess

> 2° why using -DMSW flag while _WIN32 definition works without adding
> it in CFLAGS?

_WIN32 is defined by the compiler.  MinGW gcc, MSVC, Borland, etc
define it.  Just like __linux__ and __APPLE__ on those platforms.
Cygwin gcc does not define _WIN32 because Cygwin is not a Win32
platform, but much closer to GNU/Linux.  All of the MSW and NT macros
should be replaced by _WIN32.

.hc

> I'm replacing all lines
> #define MSW
> with
> #define _WIN32
> in all files from pd/src
>
> ----- "João Pais" <jmmmpais at googlemail.com> a écrit :
>
>> this also happens on windows XP. I tried to go back the release days
>> see the last good one, but after too much pd-installing I quit.
>>
>>> hello,
>>> the latest build doesn't start, some changes in 0.43.1 seems to
>> brake
>>> everything,
>>> I have to terminate pd from task manager,
>>> this happens on windows vista, I haven't tried to build this release
>> yet.
>>> the 2011-04-30 release is still 0.43.0 and working good.
>>>

>> --
>> Friedenstr. 58
>> 10249 Berlin (Deutschland)
>> Tel +49 30 42020091 | Mob +49 162 6843570
>> Studio +49 30 69509190
>> jmmmpais at googlemail.com | skype: jmmmpjmmmp
>
> --
> Patrice Colet

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra