[PD] pd-extended-0.43.1 win32

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri May 13 18:00:52 CEST 2011

On May 13, 2011, at 9:20 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> On 05/13/2011 10:21 AM, Patrice Colet wrote:
>> 2° why using -DMSW flag while _WIN32 definition works without
>> adding it in CFLAGS?
>
> because it has been like that forever, it was unclear at some point
> that
> there are indeed automatic defines on w32 (esp. on M$VC) and because
> "win" suggests superiority where there is none.
>
> MSW has been replaced in some places by _WIN32, but since MSW get's
> (manually) defined for building on w32 anyhow, there is no real
> advantage in using one over the other,

There is definitely a real advantage to using the automatic ones.  It
means that the source files are not dependent on a particular build
system.  When porting Pd to Android, which then led to the libpd
effort, we had to spend a lot of time dealing with the places where
automatic defines were not used.  Every time someone uses libpd
embedded in a new environment, like Xcode, Eclipse, ant, etc., they
have to revisit that pain.

Please stop using MSW and NT.

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie