[PD] Ubuntu Linux to Mac OSX Question

Brian Shepard brian at studioii.com
Sun May 15 22:12:41 CEST 2011

Greetings,

I have a student using Pd-extended on Ubuntu Linux, and I am using
PD-extended in Mac OSX. When he sends me a file created on his computer, I
can't open it, and get something like the following in the console:

error: #N: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object
error: #X: no such object

When I send him patches, he can open them just fine. If he sends me a screen
grab of his patch, I can build it and it works just fine. The problem only
happens when I try to open the actual Pd file he sent. I've also tried
opening them with a text editor, and everything looks fine. If I then
copy/paste the text into a new text file and save it with the .pd suffix,
though, it still won't open. Is there some issue regarding transferring
between these two systems? Thanks for any help or advice.

-- Brian