[PD] loading patches very slow in linux

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Mon May 16 14:09:47 CEST 2011

Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I often work with huge patches, and I'm noticing that loading the same
> patch in Linux takes at least 10 times (this is not an exageration)
> the time it takes in Windows, though the linux box I'm testing on has
> better hardware.
It is well known that generally Windows performs much better than Linux,
even on lower-end hardware. Additionally Pd although cross-platform is
mainly developed for Windows and MACs... :)

By the way I experience exactly the opposite with my Granita patch.

> I know this is a very generic question but does perhaps anybody know
> where the bottleneck may be and why such a big difference between the
> two platforms (despite the popular belief that everything is usually
> faster in linux)?
Seriously: A little more background information (possibly sharing one of
the patches) would be helpful in order to help. I guess.

Lorenzo.