[PD] loading patches very slow in linux

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon May 16 16:56:38 CEST 2011

On Mon, 16 May 2011, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

> I often work with huge patches, and I'm noticing that loading the same
> patch in Linux takes at least 10 times (this is not an exageration) the
> time it takes in Windows, though the linux box I'm testing on has better
> hardware.

My experience is the other way around : opening one of GridFlow's
help-patch was pretty fast using my old Linux laptop, but was quite slow
using a newer Windows laptop. I made other tests and there seems to be a
problem finding abstractions quickly. I didn't try changing the order of
items in «Path...» but this could be making most of the difference.

I don't know about the problem you're experiencing. You'll have to
investigate some more to figure out what may make a patch slow.

Btw, Lorenzo is joking.