[PD] loading patches very slow in linux

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:56:13 CEST 2011

On 05/16/2011 05:09 PM, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> Another thing to possibly check is whether dsp is on or off when you
> load patches, perhaps?

Thank you, I already checked that (it's off), and the same happens with
a big patch that has no dsp and which I run with -noaudio...

I have literally hundreds of instances of a few abstractions (in one
case with gui and GOP, in another case with no gui at all), so I guess
it is just the sum of the time it takes to create each instance; what
surprises me the most is the big difference in performance between
platforms, especially in favour of Windows.