[PD] udpsend broadcast was Re: 0.43 should still be a test version

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon May 16 23:36:25 CEST 2011

On 05/16/2011 11:21 PM, Martin wrote:
> 255.255.255.255.
>
> Where is it supposed to send that to? I doubt if any router would
> forward it to every machine on the internet.

No, it is supposed to broadcast to the local network, exactly like
x.x.x.255, with the difference that you don't have to know x.x.x so it
is more portable. It is standardised and many programs recognize it,
though [udpsend] is not the only one that doesn't (TouchOSC for example
doesn't either).

It works with [netsend 1] on Windows, by the way.